SQS (Simple Queue Service) is a fully managed message queue service provided by Amazon Web Services (AWS). It allows developers to send, store, and receive messages asynchronously between components of distributed applications. SQS is highly scalable and fault-tolerant, ensuring that messages are processed reliably and in order. Producers send messages to queues, and consumers retrieve them for processing. SQS offers two types of queues: Standard Queue and FIFO Queue, which differ in their message delivery and ordering capabilities. The SQS service is flexible and can be easily integrated with other AWS services, such as EC2, Lambda, and SNS. It is particularly used in distributed scenarios, microservices, batch processing, email notifications, and other use cases where reliable and asynchronous communication between components is required. With its fully managed nature, developers can focus on business logic without worrying about the underlying message queue infrastructure.
How to Monitor SQS on the One Platform:
To set up monitoring for SQS on the One Platform, follow these steps:
- Go to the product application where you want to add SQS as a dependency.
- Click on the "Products" menu, select the desired product card, and then click on the name of the application you want to configure.
- Scroll down to "External Dependencies," located just below the latency graph.
- Here, you can either add a new SQS dependency or search for an existing one.
- To add a new dependency, click on the green button with a plus (+) symbol. A modal will appear.
- In the modal, provide a name for your SQS queue and choose the Environment.
- In the "Check type" field, select the option "Queue," and in the "Method" field, choose "SQS."
- After selecting the method, a field for "Healthcheck URL" will appear.
When you click on "Add," a modal will appear. In this modal, you will name your queue and choose the Environment. In the "Check type" field, select the option "Queue," and in the "Method" field, choose "SQS(AWS)." After selecting the method, a field for "Healthcheck URL" will appear.
In the "Queue size" field, enter the desired maximum queue size.
Here is an example of a string for SQS:
Para questões, contato ou suporte técnico, entre em contato via chat na plataforma ou no site da ElvenWorks.