The Lead Time for Changes is a Dora Metric that aims to measure the speed of code or software deployment, from the closure of a product release to its arrival in the production environment. This metric helps to better understand the cycle of solutions created by your team, ensuring that they are executed as quickly as possible.
To measure the speed, it's essential to know when the demand was identified and the time invested in its execution. In addition to helping reduce the response time to fix issues in an application, the Lead Time for Changes facilitates the automation of implementation and improves the release process. Organizing smaller and more frequent releases tends to continuously improve quality.
To set up the Lead Time for Changes metric in the One Platform, follow these steps:
- Access the integrations page, located in the left sidebar menu under the "Integrations" tab.
- Choose whether you want to integrate via Github or Bitbucket.
- Click on "Install new integration" to initiate the integration process.
After clicking to install the new integration, the window will be redirected to Bitbucket. You'll need to log in to your Bitbucket account, and once you are logged in, choose the workspace where you want to perform the integration.
Once you click on "Grant access," you will be redirected back to the One Platform.
Connecting applications with repositories:
To associate a repository from your organization with an application, click on the green button labeled "Connect application," and you will be directed to a configuration screen. Here, you need to follow these steps:
- Choose the product to connect with the application in the field "Choose the product."
- Select the application within this product in the "Choose the application" field.
- Choose the integration to use in the "Choose the integration" field.
- Select the repository from the chosen integration that you want to associate with this application in the "Choose the repository" field. Please note that it's one repository per application.
After making the appropriate choices in these fields, you need to specify the target branch. The selection of the target branch is essential because it should be the main branch of the repository, typically named "main" or "master." The platform will receive pull requests that will be merged into this branch, and it's where the Lead Times for Changes will be calculated. Make sure to match this branch exactly as it appears on Bitbucket.
Once you've completed the configurations, click on "Finish integration".
The value of the Lead Time for Changes will appear on the page of the associated application within the chosen product. You can find this value, calculated based on the last 30 days, in the last box on the right side of your screen.
To unlink an application, follow these steps:
- Go to the desired associated application.
- Click on the button with the pencil icon to enter the edit mode, and a editing box will appear.
- Look for the application you want to unlink within the editing box.
- Click on the button with the trash bin icon next to the application you want to unlink.
- After the confirmation prompt appears, click on "Delete connection" to unlink the application.
For questions, inquiries, or technical support, please contact us through the chat on the ElvenWorks platform or on our website.