The Lead Time for Changes is a Dora Metric that aims to measure the speed of code or software deployment, from the closure of a product release to its arrival in the production environment. This metric helps to better understand the cycle of solutions created by your team, ensuring that they are executed as quickly as possible.
To measure the speed, it's essential to know when the demand was identified and the time invested in its execution. In addition to helping reduce the response time to fix issues in an application, the Lead Time for Changes facilitates the automation of implementation and improves the release process. Organizing smaller and more frequent releases tends to continuously improve quality.
To set up the Lead Time for Changes metric in the One Platform, follow these steps:
- Access the integrations page, located in the left sidebar menu under the "Integrations" tab.
- Choose whether you want to integrate via Github or Bitbucket.
- Click on "Install new integration" to initiate the integration process.
After clicking to install the new integration, the window will be redirected to Github. You'll need to log in to your Github account, and once you are logged in, choose an organization to install our application. It's essential to note that currently, we only offer compatibility with Github organizations, and personal accounts will not work for this integration.
After choosing the organization, a configuration screen will be displayed. You can choose to install the application in all repositories by selecting "All repositories" or opt to install it in specific repositories by choosing "Only select repositories." If you decide to select repositories
Once you have chosen the best option for you, click on "Install." After installing our application on Github, you will be redirected to the integration screen, where you can connect applications with repositories.
Connecting applications with repositories:
To associate a repository from your organization with an application, click on the green button labeled "Connect application," and you will be directed to a configuration screen. Here, you need to follow these steps:
- Choose the product to connect with the application in the field "Choose the product."
- Select the application within this product in the "Choose the application" field.
- Choose the integration to use in the "Choose the integration" field.
- Select the repository from the chosen integration that you want to associate with this application in the "Choose the repository" field. Please note that it's one repository per application.
After making the appropriate choices in these fields, you need to specify the target branch. The selection of the target branch is essential because it should be the main branch of the repository, typically named "main" or "master." The platform will receive pull requests that will be merged into this branch, and it's where the Lead Times for Changes will be calculated. Make sure to match this branch exactly as it appears on Github.
Once you've completed the configurations, click on "Finish integration" to finalize the connection between the application and the chosen repository.
The value of the Lead Time for Changes will appear on the page of the associated application within the chosen product. You can find this value, calculated based on the last 30 days, in the last box on the right side of your screen.
To unlink an application, follow these steps:
- Go to the desired associated application.
- Click on the button with the pencil icon to enter the edit mode, and a editing box will appear.
- Look for the application you want to unlink within the editing box.
- Click on the button with the trash bin icon next to the application you want to unlink.
- After the confirmation prompt appears, click on "Delete connection" to unlink the application.
For questions, inquiries, or technical support, please contact us through the chat on the ElvenWorks platform or on our website.